Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Film of 2011

So 2012 is now completely underway and taking on a full blown sprint towards next Christmas. Seriously how fast did this years Christmas go??! To start off the New Year I thought I would mention my favourite films of 2011 so you can get a hint of the sort of things I like.

I go to the cinema every week so will see a minimum of 52 films a year!! Thank God for the Cineworld unlimited card. Bargain. I saw some great movies and I also saw some shite ones.

Top 5 films of 2011:

1. Warrior
2. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
3. 50/50
4. X-Men: First Class
5. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Agree? Disagree? I have to say I didn't think this years film came close to 2010, especially since that year offered us Inception and The Social Network.

Last year did, however, bring us some garbage.

5 worst films of the year:

1. Bad Teacher
2. Green Lantern
3. Contagion
4. The Thing
5. The adventures of Tin Tin: Secret of the Unicorn

These were either bad because they were bad or bad because I expected so much more. Especially with Contagion which despite its all star cast, failed to even remotely excite me.

Warrior was incredible and is a stepping stone to how far Mr Tom Hardy has come on and continue to rise, role on this year where he will be starring in This means War, Wettest County and The Dark Knight Rises. Excited much? I am. Shame however with Joel Edgerton who was great in Warrior but also has an entry in the worst 5, starring in The Thing, where he is just a little above average in his performance.

Well let me know what you think of these and tell me which ones you have seen. Let's hope 2012 blows 2011 out the water.

Tolli

No comments:

Post a Comment