Shia LaBeouf generally gets a lot of stick for his acting performances and is considered to be a bad omen for the films he turns up in. I have to say, despite me agreeing that he has done some stinkers; I have never thought he is that bad. In last week's release, Lawless, he is actually surprisingly good and proved that he can do it if he manages to shake off the tag he has hooked onto him regarding his performances in the later two Transformers films. In the first one he was actually pretty good. To try and help bring Shia back into people's good books I want to ask you what you think his best film is. I have listed five options below so either pick from them or add your own in the comments. What is Shia LaBeouf's best film?
1. DISTURBIA - An updated version of the Hitchcock classic Rear Window. LaBeouf plays a teen held inside under house arrest and witnesses what he believes is his neighbour murdering his wife.
2. EAGLE EYE - Here he stars alongside Michelle Monaghan as strangers who are thrust into each other's lives by a mysterious woman on the end of a phone call. The woman seems to be protecting them from all the dangers around them but is there more to the agenda?
3. INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL - Indie 4 basically and Shia plays Indie's new sidekick whilst the archaeologist stumbles across a Soviet plot to uncover the secret of artefacts known as Crystal Skulls.
4. TRANSFORMERS - The live action film of the popular kid's toy. Shia plays the lead who the evil Decepticons hunt down over an alien artefact he holds in his possession. The Autobots are soon on hand though to aid Shia and prevent the Decepticons from taking over the world.
5. WALL STREET: MONEY NEVER SLEEPS - The sequel to Wall Street with Shia turning up as the recently released from prison Gordon Gecko's daughter's boyfriend. In an ironic twist Shia also wishes to get involved in the stock market but under his new mentor he begins to understand that much of it is illegal.
There are your five choices for this question. There aren't many films he has lead in other than these as he got himself caught up in those Transformers movies. However Lawless was a step in the right direction and he is also soon to be seen in The Company You Keep alongside an ensemble cast including Robert Redford who also directs. Anyway until then let me know which film you think is Shia LaBeouf's best.