Over the next few weeks there seems to be very little to be released at the box office. Nothing here really leaps to me and draws me to see it, this is the same for next week to, and a few of the films are made entirely for children. Of course that doesn't mean adults can't see them too but I find it odd that over the space of 2 weeks 30% of the films are for kids. There are also a couple of films that could turn out to be little charms hiding away but there isn't much that the average movie goer would of heard of via trailers in the theatre or marketing around their town centre. However sometimes these sorts of films are the ones that end up being the best ones, who would have thought Warrior would have been my favourite film of last year! If you're looking for a hidden gem this week then take a look at your releases below.
1. Dracula, Frankenstein, and Quasimodo, among others, need a break from the norm every once in a while and they don't want to be pestered by people who judge them instantaneously, so where better for them to go then the HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA where all monsters can go as a community. That is until a young man stumbles across the hotel whilst travelling through the mountains. An animated tale with scary proportions. Starring: Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Andy Samberg, & Selena Gomez. Want to see things that go bump in the night?
Hotel Transylvania trailer
2. In PUSHER we see Frank, a local drug dealer well known within his gangster community in London, however his life is soon sent spiralling out of control as over the course of one week he is pushed to test his inner most limits. Starring: Richard Coyle, Bronson Webb, Agness Deyn, & Mem Ferda. How far can he be pushed?
3. Book adaptation ON THE ROAD sees Sam Riley's young writer, Sal Paradise's life altered by the arrival of a free spirited couple whilst he travels across country in search of inspiration for his next writing piece. Also starring: Garrett Hedlund, Kristen Stewart, & Amy Adams. How will he fare on the road?
On The Road trailer
4. Dax Shepard plays a man in witness protection in HIT AND RUN but comes out of hiding in order to transport his girlfriend across the country to LA. With this man now resurfacing the feds and his former gang members, led by Bradley Cooper, chase them across country, one to protect and one to kill. Also starring: Kristen Bell & Tom Arnold. Will it all be worth it?
Hit And Run trailer
5. Ever wandered if you could create your own girlfriend? Well in RUBY SPARKS young writer Paul Dano manages to create one whilst suffering writer's block, however he isn't entirely sure if she is real or in his head causing him to write absurd stories to see if his new character is led by them. Also starring: Zoe Kazan, Annette Bening, & Chris Messina. Is this the way to find love?
Ruby Sparks trailer
There you have your 5 films for the week then. None of them in particular jump out at me and if it wasn't for the internet I would have only seen the trailer for Ruby Sparks. Although without the internet I wouldn't be able to give you this lovely blog!! Maybe over the next few weeks cinemas are playing it cool in preparation for Skyfall at the end of October. Let's hope so as I hate it when I can't get excited about heading to the cinema. Hope you find a winner among them.