Thursday, October 11, 2012

NEWS - Armie Hammer rumoured for Batman in Justice League movie.

Over the past week there has been lots of film news that I could have broadcast to you. Nothing particularly popped up more than once or twice however meaning that the one piece of new that did pop up a couple of times was that Armie Hammer could be set to play the next Batman. What made me bring this to your attention then was that the Total Film Facebook page have also broadcast this news and invited comments of what people thought about this potential casting. The comments were not good. Many were simply stating no, others that he was too young, and most that no one will replace Christian Bale. Many still slate Bale as a Batman though which I think is wrong as I think he is brilliant as the caped crusader. I have no doubt that Hammer would also perform to top quality but is he right for the part? I'm not so sure but that could be because I don't think a new Batman needs to be made for at least ten years, and I don't want a studio to cash in on Avengers fame by bringing out the DC version of it.

Hammer's involvement is just a rumour at the moment but then again so is the Justice League movie. For those of you who don't know him Hammer played the Winklevoss twins in The Social Network, J Edgar Hoover's lover in J. Edgar, and will be seen next year along side Johnny Depp in The Lone Ranger. His CV is building and he is getting some juicy roles however is he right for Batman? After the success of the Christopher Nolan version will anyone ever be again? More news on this over the next few months I'm sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment