Thursday, November 29, 2012

NEWS - Fox plans Susan Boyle biopic; New synopsis for Star Trek Into Darkness; Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen join X-Men Days Of Future Past

There has been plenty of film news over the past week, some of it absurd and some rather intriguing. I have brought you a few pieces I found either highly entertaining, intriguing or indifferent and thought it would be good to highlight them to you and see what you guys think. Be warned some of the following news could be shocking! It was for me anyway.

Fox plans Susan Boyle biopic

Did it make you shudder? It did me. This is a piece of news I really don't understand. The story of Susan Boyle?! Can this really go anywhere? Can it be exciting, enthralling, and entice people into the cinemas? I'm afraid I can't see how. The film will follow her life from her infancy in Scotland to International star. It will be crammed full of music mixing some songs from Les Miserables where the song she originally sung on Britain's Got Talent, I Dreamed A Dream comes from. So it is a musical about Susan Boyle!

Nothing else on the project has been announced so we look forward to hearing who has the dream of playing the leading lady herself. I can't help but think this will fall in the vein of the Paul Potts film (the other singer from BGT, not the Cambodian cleanser) which also seems like a dull film. At least that one will star James Corden. I've got it Ruth Jones for Susan Boyle anybody? Keep the Gavin And Stacey cast going? Anyway I hope you look forward to this film as much as I do.

New synopsis for Star Trek Into Darkness  

We finally have an outline for the next Star Trek film then. The only problem is it still doesn't highlight Benedict Cumberbatch's character and all we get from the synopsis is that he will be particularly bad ass. I loved the first Star Trek film back in 2009 and I advise people to see it whether you are a fan or not, as I hate Star Trek but still loved the film. The sequel is one I'm very excited about and even more so now that Sherlock Holmes will be in it as the big bad wolf. Have a look at the synopsis below:


"When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organisation has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.
"With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one-man weapon of mass destruction.
"As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew."
What do you think? Sounds interesting if you ask me although would love to know the ins and outs of Cumberbatch's character. The film stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, and Karl Urban, all who are returning from the first, and is due to be released in May 2013.
Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen join X-Men: Days Of Future Past
More news regarding the next X-Men project then. With Bryan Singer now on board to direct he has quickly added two major cast members from his version of the franchise. With the plot line involving time travel, and a mutant finding out the future and reporting it back to the younger X-Men who must prevent it, I'm presuming that the actors will play their usual characters only in the future threads of the film. This may reduce them to cameos but they should still be noticeable. 
I'm not too sure if this is a good one or not. With the amount of X-Men movies coming out it may become slightly confusing if they all start crossing over into each other's films. For the Avengers it worked as it was set up to do that whereas now I wander if it will take away some of this new versions credibility. I liked the idea of Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class being a completely different world to the previous films but now it seems like it will all be interconnected. I know Hugh Jackman had the smallest of cameos in First Class but it was nothing big enough to really get in the way. On other news with Jackman it has also been reported that he is joining this film so he will be playing Wolverine twice in one year in two completely separate films. All of this may become confusing and I wish they had kept these new versions as standalone to the older films. First Class was better than the others and showed the characters in a different way and now I'm slightly worried it will become a mess. We will have to wait till 2014 to find out however, and I hope I'm not right. 



No comments:

Post a Comment