Thursday, November 22, 2012

NEWS - Jesse Eisenberg stars in first trailer for Now You See Me; Fox cancels Independence Day 3D re-release; The Rock fights drug dealers in the new trailer for Snitch

Lots of movie news has hit the web this week and it has been hard to choose which bits of information to bring to your attention. What I have gone for then are two trailers that I thought might suit your fancy and some news from Fox on the cancellation of a big re-release, this could be a good or a bad thing I'm not so sure.

Jesse Eisenberg stars in first trailer for Now You See Me

The first piece of news which was brought to my attention at the beginning of the week is the first look at the Jesse Eisenberg lead Now You See Me. Eisenberg leads an all star cast, including Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco, Mark Ruffalo, Morgan Freeman, and Michael Caine, in a film revolving round a giant illusion. Jesse and his team rob banks whilst being live on stage and give the money out to the audience; only Mark Ruffalo's FBI agent is determined to get to the bottom of their trick. Prepare to be amazed I say. Take a look at the trailer below.

Now You See Me trailer

The trailer makes it look intriguing, the cast are all marketable, and the idea builds to a possible shock ending however I can't help but draw parallels to The Prestige. There is even the voice over by an all time acting legend, who describes the trick whilst we watch it. Despite the fact it looks good it will still have a lot to live up to and I can't wait to watch it and find out if it amazes me like The Prestige did.

Fox cancels Independence Day 3D re-release

This is the news that is debateable whether it is a good thing or bad. One it would be great to see on the big screen once again, but two it may run what was great about it by converting it to 3D. Not too much has been mentioned regarding the why it has been cancelled but it could be due to the other films Fox is releasing next year. I have read that potential clashes with White House Down starring Channing Tatum, and After Earth starring Will Smith have lead Fox to believe Independence Day may fail to be a success.

As well as having troubles re-releasing the original it is fair to suggest that maybe there are also problems with the development of the two sequels Roland Emerich has been lining up. If I'm honest I can't see where sequels to Independence Day can take us considering the first one basically blew America to bits. Anyway I'm sure if they are made I will be joining the line to go and watch them. Maybe Fox are shelving the 3D version in preparation for the sequels release??

The Rock fights drug dealers in new trailer for Snitch

Having just watched the trailer for this I'm a little bit in shock. It looks a lot better than I was first expecting. Now I don't mind Dwayne Johnson. Some of his films work and some don't. If I'm honest this looks like it will work. It does have a Jason Statham feel to it, and seems very much in the same action mould as one of Johnson's previous films Faster. This one though looks like it may have a little more heart. Take a look for yourself.

Snitch trailer

Does it look better than you though? As surprised as me? Could be an entertaining few hours. Anyway the films released on 21st February 2013 so it isn't really that long to wait.




No comments:

Post a Comment